Once you’ve had it installed, you will want to know how to maintain a clean Amtico floor and keep it looking its best. One of the great benefits of having an Amtico floor is that it’s extremely easy to take care of and has been manufactured to stand the test of time.
Amtico is extremely hard wearing and is the flooring brand of choice for many public areas with high-footfall, so it will last for a lifetime in your home. However, there are steps you can take to ensure that you get the most from your Amtico floor.
For general every day cleaning, using a mop and bucket with a little floor cleaner will keep it looking as good as new. Avoid using abrasive products or scouring pads which can damage the floor. If you prefer, Amtico do sell their own brand of Floorcare Maintainer which you can use for your general every day cleaning.
There are times when your Amtico floor may require a deeper clean. Amtico have just the right products for an occassional spring clean when you want to bring your floor back to its original glory. The Amtico Floorcare Stripper and Floorcare Dressing products are designed to clean your Amtico floor and give a beautiful satin finish, as well as provide added protection against scuffing and scratching.
To keep your Amtico flooring looking pristine, these are the other steps that your should follow:
- Avoid dragging heavy furniture across the floor which can result in scratch marks
- Place felt pads on the bottom of chair legs and tables to avoid scratching
- Wipe up any spillages immediately to avoid the risk of stains
- Avoid using steam mops as these can damage the products
- Place mats at your entrance ways to avoid the chance of grit, dirt and water being walked onto the floor
- Check your vacuum cleaner is suitable for use on Amtico